Monday, May 28, 2007

BritBlog round up...

This week's best of the British blogs can be found at Liberal England. I liked the Sunday Telegraph's front page yesterday, about Blair and HM the Queen. I liked Chicken Yoghurt's post on the subject even more...


''So how do you think the New Labour high command will do it, as they are wont to do? Will we shortly be reading in a sympathetic newspaper about a ’semi-detached’ queen with ‘psychological flaws‘, perhaps? How about destroying her career with trumped up charges?
One’s republican fervour wavers momentarily.''


Another thoughtful post by the excellent Not Saussure here, on Blair and civil liberties. You can vote for NotSaussure at the Satin Pyjams Awards, where he is excitingly in the lead for Best New Weblog.

Grim weather, bah. Barbecue rained off, deadline looms, hangover pounds. Have a nice Bank Holiday Monday. I bet the weather immediately becomes fab again as soon as we are all back in the office.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Not Saussure said...

Thanks for both the link and the plug, Rachel. You were, of course, too modest to mention that people can vote for you in the Best Weblog category.

Not sure how much longer I'm going to be in the lead, by the way -- the excellent Pasfolle has shot up, so it's now neck and neck. His votes seem to have started really to take off just after my little joke about the most appropriate date for a late October bank holiday, but I'm sure that's coincidental.

May 28, 2007 1:35 pm  
Blogger Bibil said...

Hello Rachel,
I have recently discovered your blog and I have to say, I am deeply moved by the story of your life. Many bad things happened to you, but they seem to have made you stronger and this blog is a message of hope. Thank you

May 28, 2007 1:37 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

I'll agree with Bibil but some of us don't sadly have an office to go back to..... well not yet anyway and not without having to take on a few things and write a whole new CV.

Ah well nothing lasts forever as they say

May 28, 2007 2:19 pm  
Blogger sallywrites said...

Hi Rachel!

Ignorminious (http://ignorminious.co.uk/)
pointed me in your direction.

I was fascinated and read your very moving account of your close shave in the London bombings. (If anyone hasn't read Rachel's very first post - July 05, then they should!)

I do hope that this ordeal comes to an end for you very soon. I just don't understand why you are being stalked...

May 29, 2007 9:16 am  
Blogger Tony said...

An hour ago I was bored at work, now I'm quite frankly knackered after soaking up a pretty incredible life story.

Your strength is infectious and it's a pity you can't easily quantify how many people have caught it. I'm sure it's more than your humility would let you think.

Anyway I really should do some work, my boss has that slightly exasperated expression again...

May 29, 2007 2:21 pm  
Blogger dc007 said...

"I bet the weather immediately becomes fab again as soon as we are all back in the office."

You just knew it would happen didn't you! I'm stuck in an office in sunny Solihull today (well sunny spells anyway - certainly better than the non-stop torrential downpour over the weekend)

Keep your chin up x

May 29, 2007 5:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

The weather is crap, and I have nothing to do. As soon as the weather gets better, I will be inundated with things to get on with...That, is the law of england. Hurrah!

May 29, 2007 5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home