Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday night doomed romance

J has arranged to go out and watch the rugby with his best mate, then hit the pub. I have a sore throat so I leapt at the chance to stay in and watch dance all night long. Can't remember when I last had a chance to have the TV to myself on a Saturday night. I have been indulging myself watching Carlos Acosta, the best male dancer of the last decade, in the best Romeo and Juliet since Alessandra Ferri and Wayne Eagling. It is the morning after the lovers' wedding night. Romeo has killed Juliet's cousin, and has been banished on pain of death. It will be the only night they spend together; they will never see each other alive again.
Oh, I love this. *pours wine, peels mango, luxuriates *

2 Comments:

Blogger family affairs said...

That was completely beautiful (the ballet in case annoyingly, like mine the comment doesn't link automatically to the relevant post) Lx

October 20, 2008 10:20 pm  
Blogger mad muthas said...

'it was the nightingale and not the lark'
absolutely gorgeous - sounds like an ideal night in.

October 27, 2008 2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home